Yeah, I said it. I think I am the only one with this sentiment, but Kelis has not impressed me. She has no rhythm and her vocals are seriously lacking. "Caught out There" was my jam, but she has not shown me anything to make me think that she is hot. I don't find her original, everything about her is contrived. What is up with that grill?!? And the "Diamond on my neck, Diamond on my grill" line is from Smitty. Not too mention that the "Real girls get down on the floor" line is straight from Big Bun and Pimp C. I know that all artist draw inspiration from others, but it's funny how she claims to be so "original". I'm the first to do this and that...puh-lease. There is nothing new under the sun. Also her look right now is very reminiscent of Sheila E. Call it hating, but I've noticed that she receives a lot of love on blogs, while other artist (Ummm Beyonce)are just thrown hate. Why is that? Is there not enough room for both ladies? But I for one, don't see Kelis's appeal. Good thing Short Dawg came onto the stage to save this dying performance of "Bossy".
Now Shelia E...that's what I would call "Bossy"

I guess I'm too old school.


9 comments:
yeah, that performance was awful
she's not as overated as you know who. don't make me say her name. kelis's voice is coarse, hoarse, and not that great but her creativity and ability to stand out from all the other yaki silk weaves makes her an 'on and poppin' artist to me. i think she's sexy, approachable, real, and bad.
my good friend Que and i love doing that little dog-esque dance she does in the video with her hands up like a begging puppy. yeah, she is kinda "weird" at times, but i'd have to nominate beyonce as THE most overrated...
I think you were right, Too Short was the best part of that performance...
I second for Beyonce!
Wait...and what in the world is up with that red belt!
ll@Sheila E being bossy.. I just had a mental of her singing that song!!
i agree..she just found her niche and is sticking to it...:)
that shall pass as well
Kelis is like a rebellious teen who won't get out the game, and i think that appeals to the rebellious teen in some folks.
i can't really get into her because she does't seem to have as much talent as she does hype.
hell if took all my clothes off in everyphoto shoot and let my man dominate me in my videos i'd probably get a following too!
Post a Comment