Saturday, December 30, 2006

Hook' Em Horns!


The Alamo Bowl. Whoo. Not really, anything to be excited about. Yet, I am. Our team actually has a chance to redeem themselves…well somewhat. We are playing the Iowa Hawkeyes, in the Alamo Bowl tomorrow. The Hawkeyes may only be 6-6 on the season, but I feel that works in their favor. They are going to come into this with a chip on their shoulders. This chip is one that should be worn by our players, however, Mack Brown does not have the ability to light a fire under his teams’ azz. Not too mention, we do not have a leader. The QB seems to be a McCoy, but it’s not Colt...its Matt McCoy...a McCoy that has not taken one snap all season. Our backup or emergency QB as they’re calling him is WR Quan Cosby…he played QB in HS. The stars may not be aligned in our favor, however, I along with the rest of the Burnt Orange nation will be chanting “TEXAS FIGHT”…and praying for one more win to end this season with Longhorn Pride.

Hook’em.


********update********

The score is 14-10 Iowa at the half. I'm not nervous yet...but if we are trailing at the end of the third, we may have a problem.

We Won!

Final Score 24-26

No, it was not the National Championship, nor was it the Fiesta Bowl...however...We finished our season as winners. Now I can have a happy new year.

Hook'em!

No comments: