Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Wait is Over

“Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Cranberry Sauce” he said this signature phrase when he first came out and the crowed cheered loudly. Lol

Little Richard seemed very down to earth, which is so refreshing in this day of egomaniacs that seem to be allergic to their fans. He played “Old Time Rocking Roll” and he had some fans come onto the stage to dance. As the ladies walked off the stage he gave both handshakes and hugs. He also stopped what he was doing to have “Walter” bring over one of the ladies album cover for him to autograph. He acted up during the show of course…he let us know that he’s Indian, from the Mohican tribe…he’s the last one. Of course the audience groaned, and he then did his signature “Shut Up”. At one point he threatened to go “Bobby Knight” on a roadie from Indiana because his piano was not quite right. He ended up ditching the piano to play a keyboard. He did not do my favorite “You Keep a Knockin” and “Long Tall Sally”. But I did get to hear “Tutti Frutti”, “Good Golly Miss Molly” and “Lucille”. He also performed Ray Charles “I Got a Woman”.

I wish I would have had a pic of his drummer. The drummer was fairly young, well in relation to the rest of the band, and he would gt crunk. I'm telling you, he has more twirk in his hips than Beyonce. Wow! It was quite a site.

He was a proud papa when he introduced his son to the crowd...his son was the only band memeber wearing a sparkling suit. Lil Richard informed the crowd that he and Prince get their shoes made by the same designer in LA. Why am I not surprised. LOL.

I really enjoyed myself, and it was worth enduring the pain of “Black Joe Lewis” to witness a living legend do his thing!

And that hair is player. LOL!


3 comments:

MsKayotic said...

Well, well, well. We got pics! Finally. I've been waiting on these. Anyway, see ya at 1!

Still Patrice said...

looks like it was a good show!

Ms. Lee said...

I didn't even know Little Richard had a son.

LOL @ same shoes as Prince. I thought you were going to say they get their hair done at the same place. LOL

Great pics!