Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I Don't Play w/Wildlife

I have been really busy these past few weeks. I have been fatigued and just not feeling too well overall. The exhaustion as been both physical and mental. I have a lot of catching up to do. I need to work on the draft of my novel…I have so many ideas, and they are coming together quite nicely….now I just hope that others appreciate my vision.

Went to a University of Texas Men's bball exhibition game with my sister and two nieces last Friday…It was fun…the game was quite boring, but my nieces enjoyed it and I enjoyed watching them. The oldest is a hyper something at sporting events…I had to tell her several times that we were not at a wrestling match and to act civilized…kinda funny coming from me, because anyone that has ever attending a sporting event with me knows that I will yell and scream at will. I scream for and at my team as well as heckle the opposition…the niece (all of age 9) also has a crush on PG DJ Augustine, so now she is really a Horns bball fan.

I don't drink, and I always end up working in environments that has company functions that revolve around alcohol. They are typically pretty boring, bordering annoying for me…drunk people are annoying. I don't mind the socializing…just would rather not deal with the drunkenness.

"Silly of me to think that I, could ever have you for my guy, how I love you…"

This song as been playing in my head for the past couple of days. The possibility of something new has me reflecting upon the past. Yeah, I still love him, but I know we don't work. We tried not once, but twice…well I tried, I don’t think he ever put an effort into anything. He is used to always getting his way, not used to hearing no. I think I was the only person in his life that did not worship at his alter. He's not a bad person, and he probably does not realize it, but he has brought a lot of good into my life. Our relationship…or lack thereof has caused me to grow…I now know what I truly want in a man…want I am willing to compromise…what I can or cannot deal with. I also have learned that I need to work on being more patient, not being so quick to fly off the handle, not being afraid to communicate my true feelings…. that in order to truly forgive, and press forward in a relationship, I must be willing and able to forget. I don't regret my past…our past…but I am SO looking forward to the future.

We have a contest going on in the office this week…the team member that produces the most gets $100 cash money…I am winning that money. LOL…I'm laughing, but I am so serious. I am also working hard to meet our quarterly goal…actually I want to exceed our goal, that means an accelerated bonus…then if we meet our stretch goal as a company Simon Mall gift cards for everyone. I work hard for the money…

I bet I am the only one that had a deer outside her office window yesterday…I was a little uneasy leaving the office yesterday evening too…I don't play with wild life.

We have an office Christmas Party on December 7th…I am probably the only one not too excited about it…I need a date…if you're interested call me.


4 comments:

Still Patrice said...

lmao @ you being nervous b/c of the deer!

You betta make that money girl!!

rofl @ your niece! She's prolly a miniature of her Aunt Keke

MsKayotic said...

You got your niece goin for the PG... that right there is corruption. LOL! I ain't mad at ya.

You losing the focus of going on a work outing. You are s'posed to go to watch your co-workers get sloppy drunk and tell they business to whomever is in within ear shot of them actin a damn fool! Then you have evidence if they try to submarine you. ;)

Anonymous said...

I gotchu on 12/7, Kelolo.

Should I wear my Fly Guy Pimp Strut suit, complete with cane, or my beat-a-negro-down all black double breasted?

Holla at me, lol.

Keli said...

There will be no cane's and double breasted suits on my watch.