Monday, November 26, 2007

My Thanksgiving...

was nice…spent a lot of time with the family and hate all the turkey, ham, and dessert I could stand.

Then there was Friday…we played TX a&m, and loss…for the second straight year in a row! Ridiculous! Then my Tennessee titans got drugged by their helmets by Cincinnati…the Bengals? Who loses to the Bengals? And they did not just lose…they got theirs handed to them…by the Bengals?! Let's just say I have had a rough time in regards to football. So much so that I vowed not to watch any this week…easier said than done…I will watch the Titans next week (if it's televised in my area), and I will watch the Longhorns play in another Alamo Bowl…or Thrifty Car Rental Bowl…or Holiday Bowl…whatever Bowl it will not be the Fiesta Bowl…grrr (grits teeth). And now I have to root for the sooners…I always go for the Big 12 South team in the championship game…and I want OU to kick Mizzou's azz!

You now…I was off work for 5 days and I don't feel rested at all. I actually complained about having to come into the office today, but you know…I should give thanks…some people wish they had a job to go to…I really don't have a reason to complain…my life is pretty good…I have been blessed.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I am craving everything but Thanksgiving day food…I wanted tacos on Friday, ate leftovers instead…craved seafood on Saturday, ate leftovers instead…had the taste for pizza yesterday, had left overs instead…I am NOT eating anything else related to Thanksgiving for a while.

Now it's time to get ready for Christmas…I'm shopping for two people age 8 and 9…and they are pretty easy to please…other than that…BA-HUMBUG!

I am a Christian…but…as a Christian I am very turned off by those who feel it is their duty (as a Christian) to force their beliefs upon others…be a witness through actions, testify what God has done for you…but don't tell others that they are living their lives wrong…my book says that we all are sinners…no one is perfect, as Christians we strive to follow Christ's example…but we will never get there…faith is personal…it's about how your beliefs make you feel, effects your life…and not all Christians view their walk the same…also you must remember the Bible was written by man…an atheist can use the bible to Prove that God does not exist…ones faith is what gives meaning to the words…and the word is the same…it's man's perception of it that changes. That's why religion is faith base…you will drive yourself crazy trying to prove your point to someone using the bible. You also have to think of the historical context of biblical times and remember that God made us in his image…meaning he gave us a brain…and I feel he expects us to use it.


God Bless til next time...

4 comments:

Still Patrice said...

Girl... I'm right there with you on the thanksgiving day food... I don't want it no' mo! LOL
And I complained too about coming in to work! LOL

And AMEN! ;)

MsKayotic said...

Girl, I've seen better days than the one we had this year but I'm with ya. As for the losses, I don't what else to tell ya. I personally wasn't happy about the Titans loss but we know why Texas lost to A&M and it wasn't because of a better team. You have to do what Jigga does. Get that dirt off your shoulda. I'm glad you enjoyed the food though. TTYL!

mp1 said...

God wants us to question...It's in the Bible! lol But you're so right about pushing beliefs on others. That's one of my pet peeves.

And you're a Titan fan? That sounds strange coming from a Texas resident. I could neverrrrrrrrr see myself pulling for the Ravens. Same division or not.

Keli said...

Hey mp1, thinks for dropping by and commenting...

And yeah...I'm a Titans fan...grew up in the Houston area, was an Oilers fan, and I followed them to Tenn...I think my dad is the only one in our family that's has converted over to the Texans.