
I have been snacking on almonds and sipping on PowerAde all day…wonder why my feet are a bit swollen.
All I want for Christmas is…well, there are a lot of things I would like to receive…but as bloated as I feel right now (see above), I will gladly take a couple of pairs of Spanx.
I am ready for the holidays, so I can get a much needed break.
I went to the nieces choir concert earlier this week…it was a hot mess. You know, I actually had a pretty good music education by the time I was her age. I started playing the trumpet at age 8 and at age 9 I was learning proper vocal techniques…Ms. Ruthstrom did not play. But these poor guides, are being poorly taught and misguided. All I could do was *smh*, did not even find it cute or touching. They were singing without opening their mouths…monotone and lifeless. It was pretty painful. Thank you elementary school music teachers…this is something I later have to come along and correct as a vocal coach…speaking of…I need to get back into the groove. Wonder how talentless individuals could be so disillusioned that they actually think they have a chance of being the next American Idol…attend an elementary choir concert…it all starts somewhere.
I have been a bit of a funk…work stuff, boy-girl stuff, money stuff…just stuff! I have so much I want to do, and right now I have limited resources. I have a couple of deals that need to go through at the office…I've done all that I can to get them to close…fingers are crossed and prayers have gone up! Now with the boy-girl stuff, there is nothing that I really can do. I get no response, I get frustrated, he gets annoyed, I snap…I mean…what can a girl do? Sometimes you need a little reassurance…and if not, you have to go with your gut.
I am wearing a pair of clunky Steve Madden (man shoes) that I bought back in 1995…I can't believe I still have them, I am constantly throwing things away… and they are in good shape.
I made red beans & rice, mac & cheese, and cornbread last night...then I did not want to eat it once it was done. I did eat a little bit, and I have plenty of left-overs, anyone want to come over for dinner tonight?
I really need it to be the weekend. I need to get some much needed rest and relaxation. I was awake with my thoughts for most of last night, and to my surprise the monkey has not jumped on my back yet. However, I plan to go to bed early and without interruptions tonight. As an e-d friend of mine put it…worrying will kill you…and I am not ready to die!
My co-worker played my song today (as she calls it)…You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch….
Christmas-Christmas time is here…Bah-Humbug!


2 comments:
Keli, their just kids! lol Let the babies mumble through the song :)
I agree with your e-d friend... so stop worrying, and let the chips fall where they may :)
hold soma that rice mac n cheese and cornbread 4 me.
dang. not even cute? not even a lil? your harsh. givem elementary school kids a break...lol
American Idol is excellent proof of why folk need to stop lying to talentless individuals. Yes, she's your daughter/bestfriend/girlfriend wateva. She still sounds a tore up mess. Do you really want her to embarass herself on national television. 0n Second thought, go'head tell her she's the shit. More entertaining for me...lol
Post a Comment