
What's up with the title?
Well, last time I checked, that's how much time I had to prepare for the 31st Annual Statesman Capitol 10k...I have 20 days, 20 hours, and I am sure the minutes and seconds have dwindled down since...
This really should not be an issue right? Wrong?!
I am so out of shape it is not even funny. I have exercising a bit more regularly this year, but nothing too intense. 30mins on the elliptical here...20mins jogging on the treadmill there...well...
I have to be in good enough shape to run 6.2 miles by March 30th...and let me tell you...and I am no where near that point.
With the race in less than 20 days, the most I have ran is 2.6 miles. I have been running courses that are representative of Austin...meaning a number of hills to climb...and these hills are kicking my azz. If they are steep, I have to walk up them, but the downhill runs are pretty cool...almost like coasting. My last road run was not easy at all...I might need to get some new running shoes, because by time I got back to my apartment complex, everything below my knees went numb...I could not feel a thing...I had to jump on the stationary bicycle for 15mins to get the blood flowing again. That run was only 1.4 miles, but I ran the steep hill on the way back this time...probably not the smartest.
My biggest problem is not getting tired and running out of breath...but it's the aches and pains. If I run on a treadmill the impact hurts my ankles and shins...and the same for the road. Running uphill makes my calves cramp...it's just a mess!
I need to learn how to pace myself...I am not a runner, never have been...but I thought, no time like the present to start. It's hard for me to work out just because I should...I need a real and tangible goal, and training for a 10k is it. I am going to try to do at least 3 or 4 races a year.
The good thing is, I realize that I don't have to run the full 6.2 miles...but I am going to push myself to run as much as I can.
Well...I am off to train...today I am doing 45mins on the treadmill.


10 comments:
run K run!! lol
You know for a second I thought you were auditioning for 24. I was hearing the beeps and everything. Odd that I've not really watched the show.
Anyway! I've got faith in you, lady. I believe you can do it, no Bull. Hell, you're doing better than me and I ran track in High School (supposedly Distance but...).
The right music helps cut the edge off. Say what you will about "Eye of the Tiger" but it can work.
Thanks Trice and Roddy! I need all the motivation I can get.
You'll be able to pull it off. 20 days (or 18 now) should be enough time to get into shape for that run. Well, at sixteen it was enough time for me! lol
Try some new balance shoes and som tights or compression shorts. That should keep the blood flowing in the legs. Asics also has some pretty good running shoes
Good looking out on the tights...although I am afraid of those these days.
I might have to get a pair of asics...that's what I use to run in back in the day.
And I am not going to even comment on the "when I was 16" remark. *looks at him sideways and crooked*
good luck
just pretend Denzel is gon be waiting at the finish line with some boxer briefs on
^^See girl...that's what I'm talking about...motivation! Ha! I might just have to go there, lol.
I'll slap myself for that comment. I can't even get down like that anymore. lol
so how did u do
Still training...the running is getting a bit easier. But I am no where near 6 miles. I am going to try to do 3 miles tomorrow morning.
Post a Comment