Saturday, June 05, 2010

It’s been a minute…

Thought I would step in and say hey.
I have not forgotten about you… I’ve just been very busy.
Working full time… grad school… just to name a couple things (the most critical things) I have going on at the moment.
2009 was a horrible year for me… was laid off, ended up leaving a job because of some racist buffoon (and there was a blessing at the end of the storm because I know am in a much better position)… I was not going to let little man stress me out because he was insecure due to his short comings. It was not worth the energy… so I chunked them the deuce and have not looked back since.
My father had a stroke… Praise God he’s still with us. I have had two friends loose a parent within a month’s time.

I was not at all sad to see 2009 go… and I can happily stand and say that 2010 has been a blessed year for me. The low point of this year was my 12yr old niece being hospitalized with pneumonia, but she is A-O-K now… Praise God!!!! She has sickle cell and her hematologist is now recommending a bone marrow transplant, so keep my sister, brother-in-law, and niece in your prayers while they are faced with this decision. My niece as already said she does not want to go through with it… she does not want to put herself or her sister through that strain. Also, most doctors will only do the procedure as last resort to save a patients life… her doctor is trying to prescribe it like preventative medicine… wanting to take it as an opportunity to possibly prolong her life beyond her 20’s, 30’s, 40’s…yes, that is the wide range she gave… but we’re living in today… we are not going to risk her quality of life today, due to the unforeseen future.

Outside of this dark patch, 2010 as been a blessing… still single, but that’s ok. Not saying that I’ve thrown in the towel, but I am happy with me… which has allowed me to weed about some bustas! They may have crept in on me under other circumstances, lol.

Oh yeah, and I turn 35 in exactly 20 days. I am not at all shy about sharing my age… maybe that’s because people mistake me for not a day over 28…24 at the youngest lol.

Alright, I’m out, have places to be and people to see.

Be blessed!

2 comments:

achoiceofweapons said...

Keep your head up and know that God's (IAM) is blessing you and that you got a Lunatic Blogger named Mista Jaycee that's praying for you too!

miss_me said...

This post has been like a true testimony for me. I am currently living in a storm that I know will end soon...I can see the hope and smile on your face as 2010 gets better and better for you. I truly believe that God is not finished blessing you. He has something waiting for you that will show others just how REAL HIS POWER IS! Be Blessed.