Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Why or Why Not?



I received a form email from Payless and I opened it up. I could not tell you the last time I bought a pair of shoes from Payless. I think it was a pair of bowling type shoes like bike in 2000 or 2001. Anyway, I came across this shoe and thought it was really cute…however, is it worth paying $19.99 for? I emailed the picture to 3 friends and asked them would they buy this shoe from payless. I got a why not if it’s under $20, a HECK no Payless shoes hurt, and a Nope without any explanation. Yes, $19.99 is cheap, but considering I came across a black pair of Nine West Mary Janes for $19.99, why would I consider paying this much for a payless shoe. My Nine West shoe consists of a leather upper and actual wooden heel. This Payless shoe is a synthetic upper, and a faux wooden (probably plastic with a sticker on it) heel. I am cheap, but I do not like to exchange quality for price. Would you buy shoes from Payless? Why or Why Not?

4 comments:

Chanel (nbr5) said...

Yeah, I would, for one, because they are usually cute and super trendy, and for two, I can be a bit of a "trend whore" which means, (not all the time) but most times, I usually don't like a trend when it's first introduced, but you can pretty much bet I'll fall victim to it much sooner than later. That being said, I need to pay the least money I can on trends because I'll probably be rocking the majority of them...

juiicySCOOP said...

Hmm, I don't know. I probably would just because I wouldn't know where I could find a cheaper shoe like that.

Unknown said...

i would. i think they're cute

NSD said...

Depends. I'd buy a pair of flip flops to slosh around in, but anything more might be a tragedy. Cheap shoes (from anywhere) usually look just that, cheap! You don't even have to get me started on how they wear, "bargain" shoes usually hurt my feet so bad I'll want to cut somebody by the end of the day. Not a good look! ;)