Thursday, September 28, 2006

Why is it every time I come in the kitchen you in the refrigerator…

I know that we all know this line that John Witherspoon made famous in “Friday”. However, I don’t know how people can constantly just over eat. I’m not a skinny chick by far (my problem is not quanitity but quality), but it just repulses me to think that some folks just sit and stuff their faces all damn day. My home girl’s birthday was this past Tuesday, and I think I ate more that day than I care to remember. It was all just nasty, bready, greasy food too. I started my morning with a bagel, cream cheese, and pineapple. I made a cake (just a plain yellow cake that we topped with fresh fruit and whipped cream) for my girl (who is also my co-worker). At 10 am I had two slices of cake, with fruit and whipped cream. At 12:30 pm I had two slices of pepperoni pizza and a coke followed my two more slices of cake, strawberries and whipped cream. After this all settled on my stomach I was stuffed. By the time for my friends birthday dinner I had room for dinner only. I ordered beef fajitas with all the trimmings….barracho beans, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, and flour tortillas. The fajitas came with Spanish rice, but I am not a fan. I hate everything in front of me (excluding the rice). I was stuffed, there was not room in my stomach for a sip of water let alone another bite of food. Then my friend announces she is cutting the cake. As she cuts huge slices the guests begin to pass the cake around the dinner table. “None for me, Thanks”. But then I thought about it…I know she did make the cake herself, and she is really excited about it…I’ll just take one bite. I turned the cake upside down because there was no way I was going to eat the icing. Well, one bite turned into about 5, I was beyond full…I was miserable. I actually ate until I made myself sick. How disgusting is this! I called my cousin (who would be considered a Thick Madame…yes I saw that stupid azz movie) on the phone and gave her a re-count of my shameful behavior. Her response was “Don’t, you’re going to make me feel bad, I eat like this all the time”. I told her “I’m not trying to judge or offend you, but I can’t possibly imagine how someone can do this to themselves frequently”. At this point, I was so repulsed by the mere thought or sight of food. I needed to get something to drink, but I did not want to open my refrigerator. I thought that if I even sensed a slight food smell I would vomit. I lay on my couch and I felt so bad, it took me two hours just to get up, shower, and get ready for bed. I woke up the next morning and I was still full from the day before. I had a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast, and I went out to lunch with a co-worker. I was so full by then, that I told her I would be skipping dinner tonight. I went home that evening and had some pineapples. I feel so much better today. I have had my usual bagel and cream cheese for breakfast, and a turkey sandwich for lunch. Now this is more like it!

5 comments:

Chanel (nbr5) said...

keli-
sometimes it takes these kinds of episodes to get back on track. I know the feeling.

But you're back on it, so Yay!

eclectik said...

You just spiked the price of Stock in Charmin!

Leeme get my E*Trade on!

Hey K!

Miss you....Hook'em Horns???

:)

e.

eclectik-relaxation.com


The Messageboard

Keli said...

e.,
I am not going to even comment on that one. LOL. I've been around. I've visited your blog, but I've just been a little quiet. I've been on the message board. What's up?

X-Men said...

i eat 3 times a day and my homegirls tell me i should be really fat cause my portions are always big, but i guess i love food too much to pass up on it

Anonymous said...

i say if u hungry eat