Monday, April 02, 2007

Wrap it Up!

As I type this, I am wrapped up. Wrapped up in what you might ask? Good question. I have decided to give myself a homemade body wrap that has been used on the beauty pageant circuit for instant results. I slathered Noxzema on my midsection and thighs, and wrapped each area on plastic wrap. Body wraps are designed to improve the texture and appearance of the skin by removing excess fluids and toxins from the body. Now I do not know if this works or not…let me be the guinea pig before you folks try it at home. Or if you’re feeling a little adventurous try at your own risk. I will tell you this, it feels like I am wearing Ben Gay, Icy Hot, or something along those lines. Also, I have been told that you can do a Spa Wrap using warm coffee grinds and seaweed. You rub the coffee grinds onto the body, then wrap the areas with seaweed. Another solution that the adventurous might want to try. I know going to the Spa is so much more exhilarating, but when you don’t have the time or other resources, a d.i.y. is always good to know. Anyone else have any d.i.y spa treatments…I would live to hear them.

****Update****
I don't know about removing toxins and excess fluids, but my skin sure does feel silky smooth aftwerwards...so it's something I will most definitly keep as part of the beauty regimen.

4 comments:

MsKayotic said...

See...don't mess yourself up trying to your home treatments. Just be careful and you know you can always take your own milk and honesy bath. I love it. It makes the skin feel so ft afterwards.

eclectik said...

ummm...yay?

Ms. Lee said...

Keli - DIY footcare. In the shower, I'll use the stone to take off dead skin which is great for keeping feet in good condition between pedis. For good measure, I slather vaseline on my feet after and put on heavy socks. Keeps 'em soft. Takes minimal effort.

Still Patrice said...

Girl!!! You are definitely a brave soul for that one! lol

Brave Brave Woman!