Tuesday, May 29, 2007

You make my stomach hurt!

I had a special friend say to me, “You and food make my stomach hurt.” Not exactly what a girl wants to hear. So I’ve decided to watch what I put in my mouth. I don’t drink, don’t smoke, and I guess food as become my vice. I find myself eating just because I’m bored. I really need to make some changes with my eating habits, so I have decided to start to keep a food diary. Hopefully by writing down what actually goes into my mouth, I will be more aware of what I am putting into my body. I am not “dieting” in the sense of depriving myself of my favorite foods…I am aiming for portion control. So last night instead of eating two burritos with chili and cheese, I only ate one. Also, I am working to eliminate eating from boredom. Another area I need to work on is getting enough water in my system. I don’t drink nearly enough water, so I am trying to get up to at least 4 classes a day. I am well aware that this is only ½ of what is recommended, but I have to start somewhere. Today, I have had a bagel with cream cheese, a cup of water, and about ½ a can of coke. Yeah, I really need to work on passing up on the free cokes while in the office, but you know, sometimes you just need something with some flavor. This is not going to be easy for me…I really do enjoy eating. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Still Patrice said...

Good Luck with that! I've actually given up fast food for the week with the option to continue for another week depending on how my body reacts.

btw: snack on some fruit, they are filling and should satisfy the sweet tooth ;)

eclectik said...

I think that's a damn funny statement.

I say take a couple of vitamins and a supplement, the appetite will take care of itself...

Get your eat on son!