
Nope it's not too late...we have March 4th.
I will be voting early in the TX primaries and I will be casting my vote for Senator Hillary Clinton.
It's funny...those that I know that think both emotionally and cognitively are on team Hillary, but it seems that most black intellects in the blog world feel otherwise.
True, Clinton and Obama's voting records are similar, but when it comes down to it...they have different views on how to implement change. During the debate that was held at my alma mater, The University of Texas, Hook'em...Obama stated that his campaign has seen momentum because the voters realize that it's not really about policy...hmm...then what is it about?
Can he implement change...sure, but I don't think he has what it takes to implement policies that will make a great impact on this nation at home and abroad.
He is running on the slogan, "Yes We Can"...
But this is what I have to say...
"Yes She Will!"
Click here to read a fellow blogger's account of her experience at the Clinton Rally. Nice to see another woman of color on team Clinton. For some reason, I feel that my blackness has been questioned because of my political choices. I actually had one blogger tell me he was disappointed and loathed my decision. I just had to let him know that the feeling was mutual.
Why is it that we always expect other black people to jump on the bandwagon just because he/she is black?
Black is not always right.
Ok, now that I am off that tangent...
It's not too late for Hillary to take it in 2008!


5 comments:
Wow, I wonder who loathed that decision?? Sounds like a true a-hole to me! lol
I meant it in jest, but I could see whow it could be taken otherwise.
This experience and policy thing is really getting to me. If I'm correct, isn't she also a first term Senator? Other than that, what has she done. She was the First Lady, I know, but she wasn't in the position to get things done; to execute policy. I'm struggling to see how that comes in to play. I know she might've picked up a few things from Bill, but it was ultimately him that got things done. Are we expecting him to be just as involved if Hill wins? Co-presidents as SNL put it. If that's the case, then I'll buy into this experience thing, but she might as well put him on the ticket. I guess I'm just a little confused behind it.
Oh, and the Geico decision? I gotta answer no to that.
I've got them too. Are you disappointed in my loyalty to my employer?? :)
to each his own... As long as you get out and and vote i'm happy!!
Although Hillary may make to office, you know on an Obama/Clinton ticket! lol Geaux O
Yep...a big a-hole, lol.
I did not once bring up experience...the voting record between the two is the same. However, I have not heard or read any plans to implement change from Obama...none that seem to be complete and make sense ( in regards to what I hold important as a voter). That is why I have to doubt his ability to effect change...positive change that will make a true impact and get is where we need to be as a nation.
I have to give it to him, he has ran a good marketing campaign...he appeals to one's affective filter...gives voters the warm and fuzzies and they are being brought to the polls to cast the emotional vote. But once the romance is over...then what?
I have been described as sensitive and emotional...and I am, when it comes to my personal life...but I never make decisions based on emotions when it comes to business and/or politics...but it seems that most Americans do. I have heard people say that they are only voting for Obama because they hate Hillary, and then...they are not able to tell me exactly why they hate her? Not that I want anyone to justify there vote to me...I just have not found any motivations for vote for Obama. So much so, that today, If he were to win the democratic nomination...I could not in good faith vote for him. But I be damned if I am voting for McCain, and I seriously doubt that I will vote for Nader. So where does that leave me? Well, it lives me for the minute hoping that my candidate can mobilize and gain enough momentum to close the gap. This election has been very educational and it started off exciting, but as it has gone on...I have become disappointed. I have for a minute looked upon our electoral system as primitive...I have felt that as a people we are sophisticated enough to make sound decisions in regards to our leaders. Now I understand why this country relies on delegates and the electoral college to determine who runs our nation. Now I do know that the electoral college screwed up and put Bush into office...but one just has to wonder.
i started off on the clinton wagon... but right around that first crying incident I started to repeatedly see things going on in her campaign that I didnt like. It still took me to the day of the primaries in NYC until I switched to Barack the VOTE!
Post a Comment