Friday, March 28, 2008

Please Forgive Me

I am not going to be participating in the 10k after all....I know, I know...I spent all that time hyping it up and blogging about it, only to back out at the last minute.


But I have a good excuse, or at least in my mind it's a good excuse.

I am a delegate (team Hillary) for the TX county convention that will be convening this Saturday, March 29th.

I had not yet registered for the race, it’s only $30 bucks, and I had the option to register in person tomorrow morning…well, once I received my convention itinerary…running was the last thing on my mind. I am to report for sign in at 6:30am and we are scheduled to be in session until 6pm. I have a long day ahead of me.

Not to mention…I went to Orlando on business last week, and I am still recovering from that trip…long story short…I ended up sharing a hotel room with a co-worker who got pissy sloppy stanky drunk…ordered stanky azz onion pizza from room service at 2:30am…and kept me up all night. Mind you we both had to be up at 6:30 am to work…but in her words “This is what conferences are all about, we party”. I am a recruiter and we were working at the National Society of Black Engineers conference. The worst part of the trip…other than getting no sleep, getting sick on Friday and being in bed by 9pm…the worst part of the trip is that my Caucasian coworker actually referred to us of African descent as colored…the first time she did it I thought it was a bad off color joke, I did not respond…I let it slide that once…the second and third time it slipped off her lips I was amazed that someone our age could be that ignorant…I mean really. But then I don’t know who I was more upset with at that point…her or the dude that referred to himself as “the yellow one” that was trying to fuk a white chick that referred to him as colored.

Back to the race…well, as excited I was at the thought, and as much as I probably need to…I have decided to sleep in on Sunday. So please forgive me…I hope you’re not too disappointed.

6 comments:

Still Patrice said...

wow.. you clearly work with some ignant people

dejanae said...

there's always next year

smh
colored.woooow

Roddykat said...

Yea, what deja said. Look at it that way, you have plenty more time to train for the next one. And while this goes without saying, no explanation necessary from where i'm sitting. :)

And no one ever said that ignorance was dying. Wish it were.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

BOOOOOOOOO u need to run it baby, but your choice we still folk

mp1 said...

That c word....I remember the first time I was called that. I thought it was a joke too. But then I said domething and everyone thought I was militant. I can't believe people think that word is acceptable.

And a thousand lashes for missing the race!! lol

aj.the.poet said...

glad you are a cool customer because i would have told all of them (roommate, yellowBOY, and white chick) about themselves...