I have had a lot going on…not too much time to type.
This past week the University of Texas (Hook’em!) hosted the Texas Relays. Well, if you know me, you know this is the only time of year I plan on going out. I partied Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Lots of stories to tell, but I will have to keep these to myself. Just know that after this weekend, Lollipop by Lil’ Wayne is my ish! Yeah, I said it...what?!
Well, since Dejanae had to front on me because it’s been a minute since my last post…I thought I would flash back to TX Relays 2007…
Kid Capri is a Punk Azz Biatch!
I just got back from a party hosted by a couple of friends. Now, I have been excited about this party because it is a reunion for black University of TX alumni within my age range. It never fails, I always connect with old friends when Eddie and Norm host an event. So, I walked out the door looking oh so fresh and so clean, ready to shake a tail feather.
Well…
Kid Capri was the DJ that was hired for this event. Now, usually Cut Creator is the man, but I guess they wanted to go with a different vibe. All I can say, is when we got there he was playing an old school melody that was not at all live. Then he went into his dirty south medley, and kept getting on the mic saying…”Were in the south, I know you can make some noise”… Yeah, but only one problem kid…this is the ATX not the ATL, so why should we get crunk about Young Joc and Jeezy *sigh*. Well, he kept trying to play that stupid “I know you see it" song, and the music kept cutting off. As I walked by the booth, I waved by hand across my through signaling shut that ish off…he saw me, and got on the mic and asked me not to do that…well at this time, the music was still not playing. I then told him, that we did not want to hear Young Joc, and he tried to clown me but putting his spotlight on me. His actual words were “Oh, so you want the spotlight, I’m going to put the spotlight on you”. So I stuck a pose. He then goes on to say something about not testing him with the mic in his hand…I told him I don’t give a damn about him and his mic in his hand. He then asked me if I wanted the mic, and you know I said, “Hand it over”. Now, I also tried to tell him that I know both Eddie and Norm, and I am sure they would not appreciate him disrespecting me in this manner. See while he called himself clowning me his little cronies were laughing, and of course, the more they laughed the more he kept on. He told me to come around to the side of the DJ booth and he would give me the mic, and I better make it good. Once I walked to the side of the booth, his peeps tried to block me like I was trying to get at him. BOO-HISS! I told them that his punk ass invited me to walk around to the side of the booth. He then walks up to me, leans over and says, “I’m the one DJ’ing the party….blah, blah, blah”. See the problem with this is, although you’re the DJ the crowd dictates whether the party is rocking or not…and at this point, you were failing at your job Kid. As he talked he spat in my face…not purposely, but he’s a sprayer, YUCK! So, once he said what he had to say he walks off, but note…he never hands me the mic…because I was about to set it off in that piece (lol, actually I was only going to give a shout out to Eddie, Norm, and the rest of my UT family). The security guard actually comes over to escort me out, and I let him know that I was going to talk to Eddie. Once I threw out Eddie’s name, the guard changed the way he handled me. Yeah I name dropped…so what! I talked to Eddie and let him know that I have NEVER been so disrespected (well at least not by a grown man). He was actually trying to clown me in front of a packed house, to try to make himself look like what? A man? Wow…he’s all of 55 acting 15. So not impressed. Yeah I know I jumped fly first, but damn, if he was all that, he would not have cared what poor little ole me had to say in the first place. Even my boy from the BX said the music was not good. Kid Capri is a Buster! And I will NEVER attend an event with his name associated with it again. Bring Back Cut Creator!
On another note...
I did meet Maurice Green, so it was not all bad.
******And the folks I met/kicked it with this year, so trump Maurice Green!


13 comments:
You and this Kid Capri mess...knowing yall got it in last year.
e.
ewww! *shudders at the thought*
He looks like an albino cecil the turtle...he has purple weed lips, and he looks like his breath stank!
I really did not have anything to write about...did a lot this past weekend, but I seem to be over it already...so I just thought I would revisit the wackness that is kid capri.
you know everybody want to hear about what happened THIS year! lol
I want eyecandy! lol
good for u, hey, i know a girl that use to dive for Texas, i wanna say her name is katrina
lmao
good comeback post
Kid Capri still does shows? Sorry, just thought you're a few years older than me.
And by relays, you're referring to track, right?
Damn... he gon be deejaying a party I am going to the end of the month in the chi... its a celeb party so he prolly wont act how he acted there...
The entourages are the worst though... they prolly saw him tell you to come over there too and were purposely acting a fool. UGH!
For the record though... he has rocks some parties I've been to in NY... but its a territory thing... doing radio in NC... I know the dynamic... and though he may be a fire deejay in NY doesnt mean it will transfer over in other cities.
What's funny to me is that you're still on this after all this time.
Let it go, man, let it go! :)
Roddy,
I will let you and e both know that I am over it. I was getting some heat from the peanut gallery for not updating my blog…and since I had just had fun shaking my azz at this year’s festivities, I thought I would go back in time to last year’s…only because…I am not about to come up off the information for this year. A girl does have some secrets, lol. Just know that I had a blast! I partied Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday…no more partying for me until June (my birthday).
side eye
peanut gallery huh?
yeah
i wanna hear bout this year too
Ok, now the real question is: Do we now have to change the tag line to "Freak 'um, Horns?" :)
lol @ Roddy...
Freak'um Horns!...just maybe, lol.
My lips are sealed.
Post a Comment