
I pray for change…
Now that he has secured the nom, I would like him to drop the yes we can..."can" is not an action word...now "will" that's an action word.
It's time to move forward...I would also like him to sharpen up on his policies...be able to communicate them in a debate against McCain without a ummm, uhhh, or a stutter...
There is still a lot of work to be done, I hope that his supporters do not become complacent because he has won the nom...
I had a busy weekend…I was in downtown Austin for the State Democratic Convention at 6am on Friday June 5th…I did not leave until 2am Sat June 6th…and we had yet to complete all orders of business on the agenda for the day. I was back at 11am on Sat, and I left at 5pm…all of the voting was completed so I went ahead and called it a day.
There were a number of "us" at the TX state convention on Friday...not too many of us returned on Saturday.
There were also local blacks running on a platform of "change" but they did not say anything, they do not have any experience of public service...
They were all fluff no substance...this is what scares me...it only takes one to fuk it up...we don't need these undeserving folks to feel that because Barack Obama has secured the nom, that we are entitled to positions because we are persons of color...
I was turned off by “us”, you know…black people would look me in the face, I would smile and give the obligatory head nod, and they would not speak back…why you ask? Well, they would look at the African Americans for Hillary button on my shirt (yes Hillary still has her delegates, no need to give them up, he has the nom…and if you know your facts you will know she is not the first and will not be the last to hold on to her delegates…especially in tight race…but moving on) or maybe it was the green sticker on my credentials badge noting I was a Hillary delegate…either way, our people were ugly towards me…I had them coming up to me asking me how and why I could vote for her, when I would try to respond, I would hear, you know you can’t talk to them Hillary people…not to mention, for some reason we as a whole, seemed to not be able to do things decently and in order. We sat in seats reserved for other individuals…OH! I was hot…I had a woman tell me and a 65 yr old man to sit in the back…I was like, I don’t think so, these seats are reserved for our senate district. They had the nerve to put styrofoam to go boxes, purses, and junk on the row to hold it for their peeps. I approached a gentleman that seemed to look as though he had sense, and asked, “Why did you think it was ok for you to sit here”…He tried to give a reason, but …I said, “This is really bothering me, we always seem to mess things up for everyone, why can we never do things decent and in order”. He then responded with, “You are right, got up, and gave two seats to these young ladies who were sitting on the floor.”
Also, the black caucus meeting was the only one with a cover fee…will not really. We were in line and the lady yelled out “If you have your pay pal receipt get in line here”. So, I asked how much was the ticket, she said $35…so we bounced and went to the women’s caucus meeting. I later was informed that the $35 fee was for a breakfast fundraiser, which was for the first hour and a half, and the actual meeting was to convene after that…but for some reason, that was never clearly communicated. I was also told by members of my senate district that the meeting was a mess…
WE NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER!
A 55 year old black man approached me and asked, “Why Hillary”. I respectfully replied, “I could ask you why Obama, but instead I will tell you why Hillary. “ I started talking policy, and I could see he was impressed…he then asked me when did I jump on the Hillary bandwagon. I laughed and informed him, that I am not on a bandwagon…as emotional and passionate as I may be, I actually am pretty calculated and analytical when it comes to politics…I told him, that I wanted to grow up to be the first female president of the United States, but when Bill won the white house in 1992, I then resolved to become the first black female president of the United States…right then and there I knew that I wanted Hillary to hold that position…sooner than later. So, we chatted and became friends. I begin to campaign for him to receive a spot as a national delegate…he has been an active democrat going back to 1984, he missed out on the chance to go to the national convention then, at age 55 he felt it was time…and I agreed. He knows some people of influence locally (mostly fellow Hillary delegates), and he introduced me to them, describing me as sharp, and what our party needs going forward. He said that if I ever wanted to run for local office, these were the people I needed to know. They invited me out to the Progressive Democrats meeting, and he will forward me more information regarding when and where they meet…It’s all about networking, but most importantly…we were able to respect each other’s differences because at the end of the day, we are all on the same team…team blue! He did ask me if my mother was upset that I voted for Hillary…my response, “ Why would my mother be upset at me for making my own decisions?”. I talked to my mother last night, and asked “Were you upset that I did not vote for Obama in the primary?”. She said what I already knew, “No, why would I be upset at you for following your mind and making your own choice”. I love my mother…she is the reason I am me.
Hillary sent Chelsea Clinton to represent her…let’s just say, there is power in the Clinton name...given that our State Senate District was the host site, we had the best seats in the house…we had so many folks (Hillary and Obama supporters alike) bum rushing us to get a closer look, to be able to snap a pic…and once she started to speak, they still would not sit down…the entire hall was in an uproar once she approached the podium…Shelia Jackson Lee was at her side ( that’s my girl, I was hoping she would speak as well)…she gave a gracious, energetic, yet quick speech…and that was the highlight of the night.
Obama sent the gov. of VA to speak on his behalf…can we say “yawn”. He was not engaging, the 83 year old first time delegate (who was an Obama delegate) turned to me and asked, “Who is this man again?”. I could not help but laugh. And you know, back to Doris…she was full of tenacity, 83 years old, had never been this involved in the process, and felt that there was no time like the present…this illustrates that there are no need for excuses, never too late to get involved.
Oh, and btw, on day two I wore both an Obama and a Hillary button…it’s time to unify! I don't know about you, but I don't think I can make it through 4 more years of a GOP administration.
I also wore a button that read, “I think, therefore I vote Democrat!” I wanted to buy a button that read “Love a democrat, because who has ever heard of a nice piece of elephant” but I thought that might be a bit crass…there was another one that read, “I only sleep with democrats”, but I decided to pass on that as well, lol.
I met some interesting people, made some new true blue friends, and I feel as though this is only the beginning for me.
Oh yeah…my mother dropped a bomb on me…she told me that Dr. Ron Paul was her obgyn while she was carrying me…he was supposed to deliver me, but he went out of town and I was delivered by his back up instead…maybe that was a blessing in disguise…lol Don’t get me wrong, I actually agree with some of his stances on the issues…but I think he is a whack job, lol.
2009, The End of an Error!


5 comments:
Yes indeed... time for a change.
Let's hope it can finally happen.
Sad to envision the saddiddy folks at the convention though...
True blue....that's what I'm talking bout! lol We cant deal with continued gop domination. I'm hoping for change on the presidential and congressional front. it's certainly needed.
So I guess if he had delivierd you, you would've owed your life (and vote) to him. lol
united we stand divided we fall
denver is gone b off the hook
haha
im here picturing ron paul delivering u
yep we gotta sharpen our tools and get ready to do battle with the GOP
all this animosity in the party makes no sense to me
Post a Comment