Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Uneventful is Good!

So I had a pretty uneventful holiday weekend…and I would not have it any other way…uneventful is good…

Before I continue, let me stop and give thanks to God for keeping Gustav’s damage to a minimal…

Speaking of uneventful, is it just me, or do the news reporters seem a bit disappointed that Gustav did not come in and wreck havoc? Saying ish, like “Ike could be big” with excitement and glee…well, I pray that Ike is not big. People’s lives were still affected by Gustav, although minimal, there was damage…if you have never had to flee from the potential danger, you could no way imagine how it feels…I grew up on the TX coast, and I am on edge anytime they say tropical anything brewing…I could never imagine living through the devastation that was Katrina…and just think of those who did not make it out…I was at my wits end when my mother decided to stay home during Gustav, my family lives west of Galveston Island, right at the mouth of the Brazos River, there are levees all around…my parents are very close to the gulf, probably like a 2 maybe 3 mi drive…so yeah, I was freaking out a bit…I don’t think there is any reason to risk it if you don’t have too…and she did not have to go to work (her job shuts down when they hear the word hurricane), and my sister and I are both here in central Texas…a good 200 miles away from the coast…come chill with us.

I went to the Longhorn season opener on Saturday…let me say it was hot! And no, I am not referring to the fact that VY, Michael Griffin, and Matthew McConaughey were on the sidelines…but that helped, although Matthew is looking mighty crazy these days…and his TX shirt was not sexy…his girlfriend was on the sideline, with the baby…in 100 degree weather, it was too hot for my grown azz to be out there, I thought I was going to pass out…then they had the poor baby all bundled up in a sling across his mama’s chest? Why?! You know they be on some other level stuff…especially Matthew.

I did not leave my apartment once on Sunday…not once…I had to make do with whatever food and drank I had in the crib…made tea, only had about a fourth of a cup of sugar…I just had to make do. I had some chicken drumettes and some Louisiana hot sauce…so I made me some hot wings…and they sure were good!

My sister had to work yesterday, so I told her I would keep the girls. They came over Sunday night…not trying to wake up at 7am on a holiday because my sister had to drop the girls off…they brought Theodore, the Chinese dwarf hamster…why he gots to be Chinese? And why he gots to be a dwarf? I cannot stand the site of this thing…it’s a rodent?! Of course they did not ask me if their beloved pet could come along, they just brought him…ick! That damn thing scared the hell out of me, woke me up in the middle of the night spinning on that damn wheel…he waits until everyone is ready to sleep to want to get crunk…that’s what the hell it ain’t! I was really tempted to put him outside on the patio…the only saving grace was I did not want a cat or raccoon or whatever get a hold of him. I mean…I know he was in his cage, but if the raccoons can manage to make their way into the attic (even after chicken wire was put ever the vents) I am sure they can make their way into a hamster cage. And the last thing I needed was for the oldest to get all emotional about a damn rodent…not too mentioned she would never have forgiven me…she even had the nerve to tell me that she thinks people can go to jail for stuff like that, said it’s neglectful and endangerment…was that a threat?! Whatever, I wish she would call the cops on me because I put her hamster outside…I would make sure to whoop her azz right there in front of the cops just for gp.

Patrice, I had a cup of gumbo yesterday and I’m still alive! And I am glad that all is well with your fam!

I guess it’s back to business as usual for me…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your family is safe and sound. :-)

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

u know im hurt TN loss

congrats on UT

Still Patrice said...

lol girl gumbo in the summer is NOT safe! lol

dejanae said...

lol
i like ur niece
sounds like some ish id say