Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Show me the money!

It’s expensive being a woman…

$60-$80 brazillian wax, every 4 to 6 weeks
$15 - $20 eyebrows

And for those ladies who have chemically treated hair…let’s see, you probably have a standing hair appointment every two weeks at what, “$40 - $55 a pop? And let’s not talk relaxer, that’s about $50 - $75.

Hair products…we can’t just get some Dax grease, a heavy azz brush, and a wave cap…nope…
For me…
Shampoo $7.50 & Conditioner $7.50 (Regis curl lock, I love it)
Paul Mithcell foaming pomade $7.95
Paul Mitchell sculpting foam $11
Fortunately, my hair products last me a while…come to think of it, I just might be able to get away with the Dax and a wave cap…just maybe.

Then there is lip gloss…we spend at least $7 - $13 just to give our lips that glossy shine.

We spend money on body butters, exfoliating scrubs, and all kinds of things to keep or skin soft and glowing…I mean, why can’t we just be down with a bottle of Jergens like the menfolk?
Manicures - $25 plus, Pedicures $25 plus (although I must admit, I don’t really keep up with either of the two…I will take care of my own feet, I love wearing open toe heels, can’t be all dusty and crusty).

Once a month we have to spend about $5 to $10 on products (tampons, ibuprofen, panty liners, what have you) to help get us through that time of the month…and if you have cravings, forget it, that’s like an extra $20 in food that week. And I am not sure about you ladies, but I spend about $30 a month on damn toilet paper…I swear I must eat this stuff…must be nice to shake and go.

Birth control…some folks insurance don’t want to even cover that mug, and then even sometimes with the generic pills you are paying damn near $30 for a month’s supply…then I don’t know how much the shot, or the ring cost, but I would say that overall it breaks down to about $30 a month. My birth control has been pretty cheap for the past 23 months…abstinence, ha! But on the cool…$30 a damn month…and that does not include the cost of condoms…I think we should go to the party strapped as well…never know what might pop off.

Damn the more I add this up…forget sponsoring a child, sponsor a woman, today!

5 comments:

Still Patrice said...

I need a sponsor too!!lol

Anonymous said...

Depressing, now I see why my 401k is a little behind.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I also need to add the costs of spa services, matching intimates (I have an addiction), jewelry, shoes, etc...I agree I need to scale down. Jergens, jar of grease, and roll with it....

Keli said...

Buppiechick, I knew there was something I was forgetting…I have a solution to matching intimates…I buy black…makes it easier to mix and match…but that mess is still expensive…at least $30 for a Bra, and if you buy bra’s from Nordies…you are looking at $65 a pop.

I knew you ladies would feel me, lol.

dclawchic said...

If you find sponsers interested in sponsering someone - I'd like to be considered!!
Right now - I'm footing a freaking 40+ top hair bill every week. LORD. My hair is where I consistently spend money - kind of like gas. I can't do the crap myself b/c I have the Chaka Khan look - and for control purposes, that's not always a good thing.