Sunday, October 19, 2008

God saw fit...

to use me.

Went to bible study on Tuesday...

Pastor FREE approached me and asked, "Are you a Poet"

"I write."

"How did I know that"

"How did you know that?"

At that moment, I knew it was God speaking...and I could not say no...so whatever he wanted me to do...I had to do it...I have never presented anything that I've written before...but today, I did a spoken word presentation for youth Sunday...it's not the same written but I thought I would share with you all the same...

Hey Young man, can I get at you for a second.
What’s up lil’ sister, let me talk to you for a minute.
Why do you drag your feet and walk with your head hung low?
I too know what it’s like to trust a friend…only to learn instead of having your back…they’re stabbing your back…
Instead of holding you up…they’re dragging you down…
But I have a friend, that always has my back…no matter what…he got that
He is always there, and my life is better just because
He’s true and he’s real…
The King of the Trill
If you don’t know, you better ask somebody
You still don’t look like you feel…me.
You got the fly 'fit, check.
You got the fly kicks, check.
But yet, it seems that your hearts needs to be checked.
Your busted, your broken, wounds wide open…
You feel that no one cares, your heart is troubled…but…
Your burdens he'll bear...
Just let me share...
Check this, I too was there…
Busted and broken, wounds wide open...
I know what it’s like to hurt…
But he was wounded for MY transgressions, and now my wounds are healed…
That's why, I, can walk with my shoulders back and my head held high
Not because I'm fly like that…
I'm cool like that, I got my swag back, because of the SON
And for all that he’s done, for me…how can I not be down.
I'm a ride or die chick, and I choose to ride, because for me he died.
So the least I can do, is give HIM my life.
See…
It's not about me, it's about he
And together we…got it going on
And no one on the corner has swagger like us,
That's why in Christ, is where I put my trust.


Copyright © 2008 by kelic
All rights reserved. No part of this may be used or reproduced without the author's written consent.

6 comments:

(vixenchick) said...

hey chicka! i love the poem!

Still Patrice said...

Nice!

Anonymous said...

Keli droppin' science...

Gone head, girl.

*snaps*

dejanae said...

i like very much
u can post the audio

brightstarr said...

*snap* *snap* *snap* - Love it!

Eb the Celeb said...

very profound