Thursday, October 02, 2008

Message to a Friend

If my homie calls…tell him I have a message for him.
He once dedicated an Ode to me, In appreciate for my friendship...I feel it’s due time I returned the favor. It’s rare that I get around to showing my feelings…no time like the present to let him know that he is not alone…
The things we do for love we grow to regret, but keep ya head up
Although things may not be the way they were, better days are on the horizon
You will no longer have to shed so many tears…
I don’t see you crying, but I hear the sound of tears in your words
I too think about the way things were, the time we’ve loss,
We can never turn back time…never go back “old school”
We can only live for today, in anticipation for better days
You no longer need to say, “It’s me against the world”
I have your back…stop running’ from yourself
Realize you strength and all that you have overcome
Realize that in me you have someone you can call a friend…
until the end of time.

Copyright © 2008 by kelic
All rights reserved. No part of this may be used or reproduced without the author's consent.

9 comments:

The Dreamy One said...

that is what i am talking about

stop shedding those tears and living in the moment.

we are so strong and we just dont know it.

i look back at all those wasted tears and im like what was i crying for.

what is meant for us will be for us.

you wont have to fight, cry or lose sleep over it either.

great poem to your friend

Ms Sula said...

He's lucky to have a friend like you.

Heartwarming!

(vixenchick) said...

i love that!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

sounds like a real friend to me or either some one recanting that they could have been a better friend in the past. have a great weekend folk

Eb the Celeb said...

your a great friend!

Still Patrice said...

Good stuff!
:)

mp1 said...

who you bite that from? lol

Damn, why you go and put the disclaimer at the end. Now, I can't bite off of you

Keli said...

mp1,

yeah, well...so what?!

I used the title of Tupac albums and songs...but this is an original work by yours truly.

Anonymous said...

very lovely!