Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's been a minute...

How's everyone doing out there?

I have not had internet access for a minute, stuff is crashing all around me.

Ordered me a Dell Inspiron 15 this week, hopefully it will ship before the expected ship date of June 3rd?

Guess what?! I'm getting cable. Those who know me, know I have not had cable since 1990 something, well actually 2002...but with this whole conversion, and since I got phone, cable, and internet for $99...why not?

So I started the new gig this past Monday. Everyone keeps asking me about it, seems that my response is not acceptable. It's a job...nothing to be over the moon about. Benefits don't even kick in for 90 days. The thing is...I can see myself really enjoying the role/responsibilities of the position...it's the pay or lack thereof that I can't get with. I will just say...if you want to get paid, DO NOT go into academia, well I guess it pays off once you become President of an educational institution...but man...

Thinking that MEd in Adult Education might be worth looking into...too bad the course work from the MEd in Secondary Education is not really going to benefit me.

So, I work with this chick...she's like..."Yeah I have dreads, you know I'm from DC right, I got my own style...I always wear jeans and stilettos, I'm from DC, that's how we do it...Guys always say that they don't meet too many women like me here, that's probably because I'm from DC"...and so on and so son...Man...

Hate to break it to here, but DC does not monopolize the market in dreads and stilettos with jeans, don't think DC is what one would call the style capital of the world...or the US.

Chick ain't even from DC she's from Canton, OH.

So...

How much you got on my laptop?!

No comments: