Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Rose for My Mother



Here is a single red rose for the rose of my life…my mother…

My mother has taught me what it means to give, without any expectations. If she has it, and you are in need, it’s yours. I use to think it was odd when I saw her go into her purse to give a stranger a dollar…but now I do the same. I found it odd when she brought home a homeless woman for Sunday dinner, but there was a homeless gentleman that I used to by breakfast for some morning. She has taught me that blessings are not monetary, and just when you think you have it bad…there is always someone that is doing worse.
My mother has taught me the importance of family and love…and that family does not equate biology…by her example I first learned to love myself, and I know have the ability to love others.
My mother has always exemplified beauty and strength…I look back on my childhood, and I see the sacrifices she made when daddy was not holding up his end…I know that she did everything within her power to keep things in the house as normal as possible for my sister and I.
My mother defines mother…loving, caring, selfless, giving, strong, disciplinarian…not only is she my mother, she truly is my friend. My mother is my pillar, my rock, and I always make sure to end our conversations with I love you.
My mother, a strong, faithful Christian woman… I one day hope to be half the woman she is.


Happy Mother's Day to all the women out there holding it down!

1 comment:

Mocha Dad said...

That was a wonderful tribute to your mother. I honor all of the strong, Christian women out there.