the world is yours...
How is everyone out here in blog land?
It's been a minute...busy at work, busy with boissuq...
you should follow us on twitter.
So, I did mention that I've had a lot going on right?
Well, this past week was a hectic one to say the least. I received a call at the end of the day on Monday, the receptionist was running down the hall looking for me because I was not in the office...I could hear her calling my name so I followed my name to the front desk, she's in a state of hysterics, she's waving the phone and telling me to just take it up there...
I see my sister's name on the caller ID...my heart sank.
"Keli, momma just called, they had to rush daddy to the hospital, he's non-responsive".
I can't tell you how I got from point A to B...my coworkers said that I let out a whale that sent a few of them running behind me to make sure I was ok...
So...it turns out my 59 yr old father had a stroke. He apparently loss consciousness for a minute. He is now taking blood pressure meds and taking it easy...which is not going to be easy for him...he tried to fix my cousins car the afternoon he was released from the hospital...
He speaks very aggressively...he does not mean any harm, but most time he barks at you, instead of speaking to you...
The tone is still the same, but the bark is not as loud. He's still cutting up as my mom would say, meaning joking and laughing.
I had to go home, I never visit Freeport, because my parents always come here, but now I see, that they are getting to a point to where my sister and I are going to have to go to them.
My father and I have had our differences...but I forgive him. That stuff is in the past...
I do know, that for that moment...when I thought there was a possibility that he was gone...I was beyond upset...
I was not ready to say goodbye...guess that's because I had to make sure that he knows I love him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Soooo glad to hear your dad is better!!
God is so good :)
And congrats on boissuq.
Hey Keli!
First of all, things are all good over at News Revolver.
Secondly, Boissuq is a cool site, IF you are a woman, but since I am a man, I will stay clear...LOL.
Third thing is we are on Twitter too (twitter.com/newsrevolver); if you follow us, we will follow you :)
And lastly, I have to say that I am sorry to hear about your father's recent stroke and I wish him a full and successful recovery. I am sure this really shook you and your family up, but perhaps it's what was needed to bring you all closer together; some of the most tragic events are responsible for uniting a many a people.
Again, I wish him well and I will keep you all in my prayers.
Sometimes it's things like this that make us realize how important people in our life are
glad he's still being his old self
I'm really glad that you're father is recovering..I'm sure you're stronger than you realize...
Sorry to hear about your pops fam. Those types of moments are scary. U just gotta keep your head up and make sure u cherrish him and not take him for granted because tomorrow isn't promised. Hope everything gets better with u and yours.
-THINKGOHARD
Post a Comment