Yeah…I know, I need to update this thing.
A lot of pressing issues on my mind, but I think I will just share the random ish with you today.
Weddings annoy me…why do you ask? I will tell you why…because I end up having to come out of pocket and spend money because someone else decides they want to spend the rest of their lives together…that’s that bull. If I do go there…I ain’t registering for ish…I mean, if I want you to share in my day, I should not expect something in return…went to a wedding this past weekend, I brought the bride a spa gift certificate to cover some of her expenses…you know…mani, pedi, wax…I mean, to me, that’s more useful than a damn bag of towels. My brother is getting married in the “H” this weekend…he ain’t getting shit…I did not get a formal invitation, so he does not get a gift…not to mention, he waited until the last minute to tell us when /where the ceremony was going down…I did not plan to return to Houston until closer to the the end of the August…now I am heading down this weekend…which is all good…I mean…there is someone (oops I mean things) I can do while in town…but seriously. Weddings make me grumpy.
He said I’m off the chain…if he only really knew. *winks*
I don’t own any sexy lingerie…it’s all functional…I mean what’s the point? It’s only going to end up thrown in a corner behind the chair anyway…butt naked and heels seems to work for me…no complaints yet, no man has ever bought me panties as a gift…I try to go without them whenever possible…I would rather wear his button down with the 4inch stilettos anyway…
Now…my 9 yr old niece…she’s off the chain…I had a conversation with her about a week back…the news was on and she could hear the male newscaster in the background…the conversation went something like this…
“Aunt Keli, is someone there with you”
“No.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes, K…I am sure. Why would I be on the phone with you if someone was here, that’s rude.”
“Because maybe you have something to tell us.” (She had me on speaker)
“Tell you like what?”
“I dunno, I’ve been hearing something about a wedding. Are you getting married?”
“NO! K. I am not getting married. Why would you think that?”
“I dunno, I mean, you should get married while you are still young *whispers under her breath* a little.”
“What was that you said at the end?”
“Nothing”
“No, you were bad enough to say it, be bold enough to repeat it.”
“Well, you should get married while you are still young…a little.”
“What do you mean young a little. You are right, I am still young…”
“A little.”
Ugh! She better be glad I love her. Then this weekend, she has the nerve to ask, “Aunt Keli, have you always been single?”
“Little girl, why are you so worried about my marital status?”
“Ummm…I kinda want an uncle”
And on that note…I am done! All this marriage talk has made be a bit ill.


2 comments:
*side-eyeing* you at the houston thing to do bit... I'm watching you lOL
lmao @ your niece... did you hear the girl... she wants a uncle... hop to it!!
*high-five* and butt naked and heels ;) I do own some of the frilly 3minute or less items though lol
yes she better be glad and i love receptions not the weeding
Post a Comment