Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Parents Need to Listen

So, the parents headed home yesterday…against my advice…

“We have electricity”

“But what about other resources, power is not always enough”

...Well…

They have power, but they don’t have running water…went to the police station yesterday morning to get bottled water and ice…can’t buy food because the stores are closed…can’t get gas…

I know that my mother was asked to report to work today, but she’s never concerned about running back to work any other time she’s been visiting…I understand they were anxious to get home and check things out…but now, they can’t go anywhere…they can’t get gas.
I offered to ship some bread and stuff to them overnight…my dad’s reaction…

“Girl, you don’t need to do all that shit. We all right”

Translation…

“Stop being so dramatic and I don’t want you to worry about us.”

Well Daddy, that’s easier said than done…that’s what I do…I worry…I take on the role of caretaker, nurturer…I just want to make sure that everyone is ok…

And I would be a lot less stressed right now…if my parents would have just listened to me and stayed here for a couple more days!

3 comments:

Still Patrice said...

smh... when did parents lose their good sense?
hopefully they will get retored sooner than later

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

yep and yea

and i lived in places in africs for months with out electricity

roll-wit-it said...

electricity is something I am spoiled by. Cant live without it. Ill go somebody I know trying to kill me and sit in thier living room and soak up some ac if its hot outside. lol. no lie